Searching for a Baby Afghan pattern book

Sleepystitcher

Question

I'm a new member of the list, but a long time crochet-er, close to 30 yrs. In the process of an inter-state move in which we lost a lot of our belongings in storage I lost a much loved baby afghan pattern book. I'd had it for close to 20 yrs, so it's definitely an older book. I cannot recall the title, but I do know it was not Leisure Arts or American School of Needlework. It wasn't a thick book, maybe 10 or 15 glossy pages. All I can remember are the names of two patterns in the book that I used many times. One is "Peek-a-Boo Picot"......it was done in a combination of solid and variegated yarns, alternating a couple of rows of dc with another of dc that were worked in a way to form "X"'s all along the row - very similar to the "Purple Passion" afghan I found on the Crochet Partners website. The other was called "Blue Bubbles"....it was done in variegated yarn, in shell clusters. If anyone has this book and can tell me the title, I can watch for it on e-bay. I'm really anxious to replace this book, and would appreciate anyone that can help me.

I recently finished a granny square afghan that I started a few years back. Actually, I'm ashamed to say it took me 9 years to finish it. It was something I fooled with in between other projects. And, too, I've neglected my crocheting for a few years while learning to quilt.

Elaine in the Missouri Ozarks

7 answers to this question

I wish I could remember the cover, but it seems I always had the book opened to one of the two patterns I used and didn't pay much attention to the front of the booklet. It was an 8 1/2 x 11 size booklet, maybe 10 or 12 patterns total. Only baby afghans in the booklet. I used the two patterns I mentioned 3 or 4 times each and really loved them both. I first used it in '85, so it's definitely an older book.

I sure hope someone can help me.

I'm at work.. but I will definitely look at my baby afghan books when I get home. That Peek-A-Boo Picot sounds familiar... or maybe I've just got wool between my ears! :D!

It's wool. :blush Sorry ... looked thru all my patterns and didn't find anything remotely LIKE what you have described.

Good luck with your search! :fc

Hi! I can't offer any help locating your specific book but I have this book:

Our Best Baby Afghans

The afghans in it are gorgeous and I think there may be a couple similar to what you're looking for. I'm super sad they don't show you pics of all of them on the amazon website but if you can locate the book in a local store it's worth browsing through.

Thanks a bunch! :)h

I have this book too, and I agree the patterns are very nice.

It's just that I was very partial to the two patterns I used in the book I'm looking for. They were both "no brainers"...once started it was easy to keep going without having to constantly refer back to the pattern.

*sigh* Maybe someday I'll get lucky and either find my original or find a copy on e-bay.

Archived