Felted purse patterns?

kimbo

Hi!:) I am really anxious to make a felted purse, but I haven' found a pattern that I like.:no Does anyone know where I can find a pattern for a boxy bag measuring about 10" X 4" X 12"? Ready to felt but need some help!

This was my first felted purse. Very easy pattern, and easy to make bigger or smaller:http://wildyarn.blogspot.com/2005/10/well-traveled-bag.html

I've made several, and they work up quickly.:hook

I'm going to try this one soon. The neat thing is you can make it bigger or smaller, depending on your preference.

That is a cute pattern! I've got some solid yarn that would look great in that style.

I have all the yarn bought and am getting ready to make the Well Traveled bag. I have a couple projects to finish up first.

If you want to make a rectangular shaped bag, it's really easy. With hdc and L hook, crochet a rectangle for bottom. (Since bag will shrink by about 1/3, make bag proportionaly larger - remembering that it shrinks more in width than height). At end of last row of rectangle, ch 2. Hdc around all four sides of rectangle in BACK LOOP ONLY. Slip stitch to top of beginning ch 2. Next row - regular hdc and continue in rounds until bag is height you need, then sc around top. You can also go back and join yarn at base of bag and sc around base to give more definition.

Here's a link to a pic: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/sherryzzz/detail?.dir=b006scd&.dnm=4cd0scd.jpg&.src=ph

When I get home tonight, I'll try to post the pics of the bag before felting (I took the before pics with a measuring tape next to it).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the ideas!:D My Well Traveled Bag is nearly complete, hopefully this weekend it will be felted, I will post photos when I'm done. Super easy:cheer

Thanks

Archived