Fingerless Gloves or Long Wristlets

Selune

Pics of front and back of gloves I just crocheted. I modified a pattern I found to make the gloves longer and more fitted. Took a bit of tweaking, but they turned out quite nice. :) Yeah!!!:clap:clap:clap

back.jpg

front.jpg

Tag for: fingerless gloves, wristlets, arm warmers

Thanks for the complements on the shell pattern! :nworthy Can't take the credit for that, though. Got the core design from one of those crochet DVDs. I wanted something beyond the basic sc or dc ones that are available on the net. I mean, they are functional, but I wanted something a little fancier and unique. Plus, some of the other ones I found made your hands look like they were burried in yarn!!! :rofl

Pattern is basically foundation, row of sc with ch spaces, then row of shells into the ch-spaces. Worked over and over until the end, where I slightly increased the number of dcs in the shell pattern to give it a bit of flare. Then you just add a shell onto each side near the top for where the thumbs go (where you put them depends on how much you want the gloves to go up your palms), and sew up the edges. That's it!! Worked up in no time.

As for yarn, being the yarn addict I am, I bought this huge box of scrap yarn, and just used a black one out of that. I think it's just a generic worsted weight yarn. You certainly don't want anything bulky. I think it would work up nice using some slinkier, fancy yarns (just using more shells for the width,since the yarn will be thinner; fun fur or the like would work too, but then I don't think you'd see the shell pattern, so it would be easier to just do sc or dc gloves). The great thing about this pattern is that it's stretchy, so that you can make them nice and fitted, and they'll still feel comfortable through the larger areas of your hand.

I think the next few (I'm going to make them for gifts), I'm going to do 1) a thinner yarn one, I think a shiny white, 2) a variegated yarn, and 3) trim the edges with whipstitched contrast colors. I whipstitched white around the black ones to see what they would look like, and really liked it, but took it back off, since I just wanted basic black for my first pair.

Anyway, long winded and super patting self on back. It's nice to get some positive feedback. Everyone at home thinks my crocheting and my yarn collection is a waste of time because it doesn't actually contribute to my MBA studies. :) I just don't think people understand how fun crocheting is or how it is actually relaxing, despite the occassional frustration. It's just so nice to sit down and produce something. You can give people something that you actually had a hand in creating. I just think that's satisfying. And while it may not be the most high-tech, super-cool gift in the world, it's a gift from the heart, and it's a gift that will last.

Archived