Eyelash yarn poncho pattern?

Rosesandtea

Question

I should do a search on the site, really. But I'm lazy. I've just ordered some eyelash yarn (Elle Plume in Fairy Floss) after getting my one skein of it from an Ebay purchase. I hope to make a poncho. I'd like it to be for spring/summer and although I have some ideas for patterns I would like very much to hear from y'all. Any good and not-too-complicated poncho ideas? I am a very large woman (not too large in arms/shoulder, kinda narrow for my size there) but with a *large* tummy . So certain types won't do, iykwim.

Here is a photo of the yarn:

Elleplumefairyflosssmfoto.jpg

Here is a photo of some experimenting

On the left, about half of the bit, is dc-ch1-dc, then next row dc'ing into the ch-1 space, etc. The second half, the part closest to the hook, is shells and ch-1.

dcch1shellschsmfoto.jpg

Any and all advice welcome. I will have a total of 800gms to work with. I think 50gms has 60 meters, dont know what that is in feet!

thanks

4 answers to this question

www.cpu-enterprises.com/elle/main.htm

The above is where I got the yarn - if that's not the page for Plume, then first click on fashion (for what type of yarn) and then in the second box click on Plume. There are several nice colors. She does ship internationally. Do work out what the price will mean for you in dollars, however.

Thanks for the pattern URL jaclim. I might try a sample and see what I think. I think I want something that is not quite so open though.....

Momcat, I'll have to try combining it with another yarn and see.

:h-val

Archived