4treble cluster beginning stitch and 4 treble cluster stitch

Hounddog

Question

5 answers to this question

Usually the pattern calling for it will explain it in the stitch definitions or stitches used portion. I could take a guess but sometimes what one designer calls a "cluster" another would call something else. Is there a particular pattern that's calling for this? With a little more info I'm sure I could help!

I think it Blue Heaven doily but got it from an archive of CAL's and there was no explanations of stitches. I am pretty sure you just make it like a 2dc cluster but just add more yo's to it at the start. The trouble is the beginning of the round is 4 trc's so don't know if I use up those doing the 4 trc cluster.

:think Is it a US or English pattern?

If US, what you are doing for the STARTING 4tr cluster is, CH3 or 4, *YO, put the hook into the appropriate place, hook the yarn and pull it through, (YO and pull through 2 loops) twice,* repeat * to * twice more, YO and pull through all loops on the hook. (I ususlly make a tight CH to hold the top together.) Remember the CH 3 at the start of the row stands a 1 TR.

The other Cluster is done the same but is done by repeating * to * 3 more times.

I have written this without doing it so hope I have it right.

You are actually making what looks like an upside down shell.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

PS If an English pattern, just do the (YO and pull through 2 loops) once.

4 Treble cluster, * yo twice, insert hook in stitch, yo pull through, yo, pull through 2, yo, pull through 2, repeat from * 3 more times, then yo and pull through all 5 loops on hook. You now have your 4 treble crochet cluster.

As far as a beginning treble cluster, ch 4, * yo twice, insert hook in stitch, you pull through, yo, pull through 2, you, pull through 2, repeat from * 2 more times, you pull through all 4 loops on hook.

Hope this helps.

Archived