bed jacket/capelet

Stitchinpick

Question

My mother-in-law said she wanted a shawl. I crocheted a beautiful homespun shawl. When she saw me working on it, she was shocked. She wants something simple, not a fancy shawl. She describes what she wants like this...it is kind of like a bed jacket cape. It is a wrap that sits on the shoulders and ties or buttons in the front. :rolleyes2

Wha? Any ideas? Her birthday is next week. I already spent all my time making the other shawl (which I plan on keeping now thank you very much!) Sigh. :shrug

Thanks,

Stitchinpick

5 answers to this question

Yes, I think that is what it is called. I just got my Patternworks yarn catalog in the mail. They have a couple of knitted "caplets" instead of capelets. I think I will google around.

Stitchinpick

hi,

i know i'm too late for the birthday, but maybe you could use this pattern for another time. just found your post, joined here recently. i found this pattern and fell in love with it. it is at groovy crochet, it is called dainty bed jacket. i'm sorry i can't post the link. i'm planning on making some for the nursing home soon.

take care, angie

Archived