Dreamweaveryarns.com

LostCove

a lot of online stores ask questions like that as a way of graphing their market. but it isnt usually compulsory, nor the first question. no, i have never ordered from them

I was going to place an order from https://www.dreamweaveryarns.com tonight, but the first question asked was whether I was male or female. It just seemed like an odd question. And it wasn't an optional question either. Has anyone ordered from them?

I have, and that "male or female" question annoyed me enough that I almost changed my mind on my order. I'm tired of being profiled to death, and I hate it when websites ask for too much information.

I did like the privacy policy at Dreamweaver Yarns, which basically said that they don't share customer details with anybody. And they did have a secure page for the collection of payment details (credit card or paypal info), so that was good.

Haven't received my order yet, so we'll see how that goes.

Now this is off-topic, but I ordered a CD over the web the other day from a company called CDBaby. Their online ordering is the best I've seen, because it's annoyance-free, they don't keep credit card numbers around, and the "order confirmation" email they send is hilarious. I wish all online stores would follow CDBaby's example.

I haven't ordered from them yet, but plan to for my birthday. Have you seen the Namaste Needle Binder that they now have crochet pages for? I emailed them and they said they would replace the needle pages for hook pages if requested and then you can also buy additional pages. I absolutely love it, I just have to figure out which color to choose. Luckily I have a little time. I kinda ignore most of the marketing stuff. I am resigned to it because it is probably not going to go away at his point. They were super nice in their emails and made sure to get back to me many times and follow up with answers to all of my many questions. Oh well.

I ended up ordering from yarnmarket. I just couldn't bring myself to answer the question. I mean you should get some sort of indication from the name of the person ordering. How rude to ask.

Thanks, snapkat I'm gonna get some cds from cdbaby they have a couple cajun/zydeco ones. ;)

stormyautumn, that bag is pretty cool.

I ended up ordering from yarnmarket. I just couldn't bring myself to answer the question.

I would have ordered from somewhere else, too, if I'd been able to find the same product at another site. (And on a secure server.)

A further annoyance is that although I didn't sign up for any mailing lists or similar things at Dreamweaveryarns.com, I got adverspam from them anyway. It seems wrong that I should have to unsubscribe from advertising mail that I never subscribed to in the first place. Hmph.

Thanks, snapkat I'm gonna get some cds from cdbaby they have a couple cajun/zydeco ones. ;)

I hope you like them! I'm hoping the stuff I ordered from CDBaby will show up soon. I'd like something new to listen to while crocheting the next pair of socks!

I've met the ladies at DreamWeaver Yarns and they're very friendly and nice. They come across as ordinary people and I wouldn't be surprised if you emailed them with your concerns about the question(s), you'd get a personal response back explaining what the intend to use the info for. (And also you could just let them know that you weren't happy about being questioned too.) Here's their contact form: http://www.dreamweaveryarns.com/catalog/contact_us.php?osCsid=b7c41297981a64ae123dde7f156105c4

I have to say, I would have thought it was odd myself. It's like when I get asked to check off what race I am and the options are: white, black, asian, and other. I've sometimes just checked "other" and put "pinkish" as my answer (just to get a rise out of the collector of the info). I mean, my skin isn't really *white*, although I tend to be fair. ;-)

I am so sorry that we have offended some with the questions asked at account creation. They simply were on by default when we started our site about a year and a half ago. We don't use the information for anything. I believe the male/female question is there so that if we ever wanted to write a letter we could use Ms. or Mr. I removed it immediately. DreamWeaverYarns.com strives to have the latest and hotest crochet and knitting supplies, accessories, and patterns, and we sincerely hope that anyone who was offended by the male/female question will give is another look. We truly appreciate any feedback from our customers. Please let us know if our site can be improved in any other way. Thank you!

That would make sense if you're using some type of OS Commerce software to run the backend of your site (as opposed to how I use PayPal); I hear those type of sites are set up differently because the software comes with these forms automatically.

Thanks for posting to explain Natalie!

I have to say dreamweavers was amazingly fast. I ordered Wednesday and it arrived today (Saturday). :yay That was from N.Y. to California in 3 days(usps). So, if i need something fast I'll check there first.

(bt/wn It took yarnmaket 7 days w/ups.... which is decent.);)

Archived