Hit the jackpot!!!!!

lisaekh

Wow!!! I just had to share my great find - on the way home from work I passed a yard sale in my neighborhood so I decided to stop. For 50 cents I got the following:

decorated basket with 2 handles and lid

3 balls of dark brown yarn (it may even been wool - I'm going to test it later, and if it is, I may just have to try felting!!!)

6 pairs of knitting needles in assorted sizes

5 double pointed needles

1 stitch holder

4 single knitting needles missing their partners :(

I know it's knitting needles, not crochet hooks, but I ***JUST*** taught myself how to knit a few weeks ago. I have been thinking about starting to purchase some needles in sizes I need, but have been putting it off. I can't believe my good luck of picking up these supplies at such a great price.

It reminded me to remember to keep an eye out at yard sales for yarn and supplies - you just can't beat the deals!!!!

Cool! Don't you just love those successes??!!! I find a lot of knitting needles at thrift stores but not many crochet hooks. Lots of yarn at estate sales too but never for 50 cents for the entire lot! Good work!

:eek Amazing! Makes you feel really good to find such deals.:yes Have fun knitting :knit. I learned to knit when I was 5 and have just taken up crochet, but am loving it so much I had not knitted in three months; however I started a prayer shawl the other day. :yarn

I love getting great deals like that. I even have my boyfriend scouting sales with me ti find yarn. The best was the first auction I took him to. I have three boxes of yarn for $10. And after $50 and his truck FULL of all the things I bought. He just laughed. But the yarn I got was really cool.

(He Laughed Because I Didn't Even Give the Older ladies there a chance to bid on the yarn. I started the bid at $10 and no one wanted to do higher)

Archived