What did you get ...

jobean

with your craft store holiday coupons?

I like to get special yarns that I normally can't afford (little splurges) or think are overpriced. I discovered an A.C.Moore in a nearby city and was gaga at the great selection. I used the coupon on a big fuzzy ball of Lion Romance. At Michaels, I got a skein of Moda Dea Cache. I tried it recently and loved it so much I'm going to save up my coupons to make a sweater.

I bought two different yarns at JoAnn's that I had never bought before - one was a ribbon type of yarn that might make an interesting little drawstring bag for gift cards. JoAnn's was the only coupons I used this holiday.

Classic Merino Wool - to begin felted purses for my SILs for Christmas. They loved the bags I made for them last year. One asked me, "Am I going to get another one THIS year? 'cuz I really wouldn't mind!" :D I think I've started something.

This past holiday, right?

I used the 50% off coupon from A.C.Moore to buy patons classic merino yarn. Saturday I got the bright red, Sunday I got royal, Monday I got gold.

Those 3 colors plus the ones I already had went into Scrabble Tile Bag #3, which was knit modularly and then felted.

I get the ultra fancy smancy fuzzy yarn. I save up the coupons and buy a skien with each one until I have enough for which ever project I have in mind. It usuall ends up in my stash, but I know I have it for that extra special gift.

Rosemary

Archived