joann's coupons

lee_ann

You need to be on their mailing list. Sometimes they'll have ads in the newspapers but they seem to prefer direct mailing.

There are two mailing lists: one you can sign up for on their website (and it's for their website sales only I think), but the other you must fill out at one of the stores (and you'll then get their fliers in the mail). However, they don't keep you on their mailing list for very long; they expect you to buy something every once in a while to maintain your "subscription."

Be sure to get your name scanned often to keep on their lists. You don't have to buy anything if you don't need anything. But, keep your name on the lists. Sometimes , they will have 50% off cupons. However, now that is far and in between.

When you go to the store...give the ad with your address label on it to the cashier and she will scan it on the register.

If you go to joanne.com and sign up...you will sometimes get the coupons there.

If you sign up at joann.com, you should get coupons for online orders and about once every two weeks or so you should get a coupon you can print out and use in the store. If you also get their flyer by postal mail, you will also get a 40% off coupon on the back.

If they have special sales and you're on both lists, you usually get double sets of coupons!

When you get your flyer in the mail, your address will be on the back, and below it (I think) is a barcode. That's what you have scanned to keep your name on the mailing list. I try to make sure mine gets scanned every couple of months at least, otherwise you might not keep getting the flyers.

Yea, it takes a while to start getting your Joanns fliers regularly. But once you do, they told me you need to get that barcode scanned every 60 or 90 days, or you drop back off the list! You don't necessarily need to buy anything, just get the barcode scanned. (Of course, with a 40% off coupon on most of those flyers, it does seem a waste not to buy anything at all when you're there to get it scanned). :devil

It takes about 6 - 8 weeks for the coupons to start coming... I guess one company does all the data entry for the entire chain. When they have you in the database, you will get a postcard in the mail that is also a coupon... after that, you should start getting the flyers every two weeks. :) If you put your e-mail down, when you sign up, you'll get e-mail AND snail mail coupons to use in-store. :D

I've noticed that the "online only" coupons come from "Joann.com," while the in-store coupons come from "Jo-Ann Stores" if you look in the "from" field in your e-mail program. :)

And yes, you need to either a) use your 40% coupon at the register, or b) get your label scanned at least semi-regularly to let the company know you're still interested in getting them. If you haven't been in the store in a while to use your coupons or scan your label, they can only assume you're not interested anymore, and they take you off the list to save money. It's not exactly cheap to mail all that stuff out every two weeks. :D

Note: If you use your flyer coupon to buy fabric, and they scan the coupon at the cutting counter, you still need to get your label scanned at the register... only the registers identify your coupon with your customer number, thereby keeping you on the list... the hand-held "Symbol" and "Telxon" scanners they use to generate cutting slips are not capable of recording that information. Just a tip. :D

Thanks for the insight, Suebee. Some of the cashiers at my store seemed unclear about whether I needed have my label scanned if I use a coupon so I have been doing both.

It doesn't hurt to get both scanned at the register. If the guest presents me with both (i.e. makes ME cut out the coupon because they're too lazy... LOL!), I just scan 'em both, anyway. :D

Archived