One for the Brits

xampx

I found this UK site, i believe it does post to the US too, but to be honest, you can probably find the yarn cheaper in the US. But im happy, and very very tempted

Its called Stash

I think im going to be cheeky and go look at it in my LYS and then buy it from this website lol. Im pretty sure its going to be cheaper online as most of the things on there are a couple of £££s cheaper than my LYS. I do feel quite bad though because the LYS depends on regulars to stay open.

Maybe when i move and dont have a LYS il shop online

lol yeah I know I feel bad about shopping online aswell because the only LYS in Barnsley is always empty so I usually always get my stuff from there. it's just that they never have any fancy yarns like Rowan or Noro *sigh* :(

Oh btw I found another site for us Brits:D it does also ship worldwide for whoever is interested:) the site is called Kangaroo :manyheart

I haven't looked through it properly yet, but so far it seems like a great site and not very expensive!

wheres the LYS in Barnsley? Try Wakefield, Sirdar is made there so they should have something better. I emailed Sirdar to ask if they had a factory shop for seconds and end of line stuff but they dont :(

It's the "Wool shop" in the arcade. They have a little market shop aswell, but it is only a marketshop so they don't do any fancy stuff neither :sigh

I was thinking about having look in Sheffield aswell I just assume that because it's a big city they'll have some more stuff...hopefully. or maybe Leeds:)

Thank you!:hook can you believe I didn't even think of looking on there lol:blush I found one in Mapplewell called Pauline's so maybe that one will be ok:) I wish everyshop would just have a website then you could at least see if they have what you want before going.

aww, i used to go to paulines wool shop when i was in primary school. Id meet my mum at the end of the road and we would wait for the bus outside the shop everyday :) She has since moved, not sure where to, but glad she is still running. Il be checking that one out when im up there next month.

Im coming up for Pennine Show on September 8th :) i might be interested in showing some craft pieces there next year

What's the Pennine Show? Sorry I'm still new to everything around here and everybody I know isn't into crafts and stuff so they prob don't know it neither :think I'm still wanting to go to one of the craft fairs at Cannon Hall it's the only one I know of that's not too far away, there is one on Oct 1st I think:) I usually look on the Barnsley site and search for craft events:)

its called Penistone Agricultural Show. Its more of a country fayre type thing, they have farm animals and things, they judge best of show etc. But they have a food tent where people make cakes, jams, chutneys, and a craft tent with paintings, photos, and general crafts. I try and go every couple of years just because i used to when i was little and i like places like that lol - its the yorkshire lass in me :)

It sounds like a really fun place to go to!:D Crafts and horses at the same place what more could one ask for:manyheart it's not all that far away from where we live neither:) In Holland I used to go to a Horsemarket every year. It's basically a place for ppl to buy horses, but there were also loads of stalls selling crafty things. I just went there for the horses when I was younger :heehee but now I love both (crafts and horses):)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived