Testers found! 2nd round for lattice wrap! post probs here!

reecie

I'm looking for a couple of testers for the Lattice Wrap, head wrap that I have had tested once. I got some great feedback and incorporated the changes suggested. I would like a couple of people that haven't already tested it. If you're interested please email me at yarnfairy(at)bellsouth(dot)net. In the email, please include your c-ville unsername, how long you've been crocheting, and if you've got a camera so you can post or email me images of your finished wrap.

Thanks much

I worked on the pattern today and followed it as written. I found that I was increasing a lattice on each row. So what I did was did row 3 then on the next row I started with a chain 2 then single crochet into the next loop, chain 3 single crochet, ending with a single crochet in the chain 2 from the row before. This way I didn't increase a lattice with each row.

Okay, I am having a few problems--similar to Christina.

First, when the pattern says 3 strands of #10, do you mean 2 strands---I think that is the equivalent of #3 thread?

Second, when the pattern says it is worked "from ear to ear," I thought you meant in long rows from one ear to the rest. After I worked it, I realized it must be worked in short rows rather than long rows.

Also, don't forget to put "turn" in where you want it---less experienced crocheters may be confused.

Then, in row 3, it says "*ch3. sc in next ch3 sp. Repeat from * to last sc. Sc in last sc." Do you mean to skip the first ch3 sp, or to sc in the first ch3 sp? I too had the problem of increasing a lattice each row when working the sc into the first ch3 sp, but when I skipped the first ch3 sp, it screwed up the lattice (squished it up). So, I figured you must mean to sc in the first and the last ch3 sp, but I think something needs to be done so you don't get a really puckered first ch3 sp.

Did anything I said make sense? I will try the ch2 that Christina did.

I'll post a picture when I'm done--after you answer my questions.

Thank you! (It is a very cute pattern, by the way!)

Nicole

Okay, this is what I found that works best for me. Do rows 1 and 2 as written, and then

row 3 Ch1, turn, sc in 1st st, ch1, sc in first ch3 sp. * ch3. sc in next ch3 sp. Repeat from * to last ch3 sp. Ch1, sc in last sc. (5 lattice sps)

row 4 ch 1, turn, sc in 1st st. ch3, sc in 1st ch3 sp. *ch3. sc in next ch3 sp. Repeat * to last sc. (6 lattice sps)

Repeat rows 3 & 4 until there are 29 rows of lattice.

I hope I am not overstepping my boundaries as a tester---I just played with it until I got even rows.

Nicole

Okay' date=' this is what I found that works best for me. Do rows 1 and 2 as written, and then

row 3 Ch1, turn, sc in 1st st, [b']ch1[/b], sc in first ch3 sp. * ch3. sc in next ch3 sp. Repeat from * to last ch3 sp. Ch1, sc in last sc. (5 lattice sps)

row 4 ch 1, turn, sc in 1st st. ch3, sc in 1st ch3 sp. *ch3. sc in next ch3 sp. Repeat * to last sc. (6 lattice sps)

Repeat rows 3 & 4 until there are 29 rows of lattice.

I hope I am not overstepping my boundaries as a tester---I just played with it until I got even rows.

Nicole

I played with this pattern off and on throughout the day today. I had similar problems with the increasing and I played with it too. I came up with almost exactly what Nicole did except where I bolded it (above) I did ch2 instead of ch1 because it was coming up a little too squishy for me still.

Now that I got that figured out, I'm on row 11. I :manyheart this pattern! I've been working on trying to come up with a head scarf ever since the scarf swap earlier this summer. This one is perfect! I wish I would have had this pattern to make for my swap partner then! :)

:devil

Reecie,

I, too, have been working on this pattern (among other things). I'm having the same problem, it seems, with the increases in the rows.

I solved the problem in a different way. Row 1 and 2 I did as written.

Row 3: Ch 1, sc in 1st st, sc in next ch 3 sp, *ch 3, sc in next ch 3 sp* across, sc in last sc.

So, on row 2, I have 6 spaces, on row 3, I have 5 spaces, on row 4 I have 5 spaces, etc.

also, on row 2, I have 1 sc on each end, on row 3 I have 2 sc on each end, etc.

Haven't gotten to the decrease rows yet. Haven't been home much today.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Barb

Reecie,

How long is the piece supposed to be from sc edge to sc edge before the decrease rows? Mine seems really short. I'm using an F hook and Red Heart Soft Baby yarn, which is a size 3.

Barb

I finished this up Sunday night but took awhile to download pictures, and I spent the past couple days wearing it---it's great for keeping my hair out of my face. I really like it! Thanks for letting me test it Reecie.

I used the pattern as I described in my previous message.

Here are the pictures.

Nicole

(Clickable images)

th_IMG_0342.jpg

th_IMG_0341.jpg

th_IMG_0340.jpg

th_IMG_0339.jpg

th_IMG_0338.jpg

th_IMG_0336.jpg

th_IMG_0335.jpg

th_IMG_0333.jpg

th_IMG_0350.jpg

th_IMG_0349.jpg

th_IMG_0346.jpg

th_IMG_0344.jpg

sorry for the delay in replies! i've been out with my hubby all day!

give me a few minutes to read all replies and work out the pattern again. thanks for all your input so far!

fuzzbugjr,

yours is likely a bit short b/c the cotton yarn stretches a bit more than the redheart baby. I sold the one I had made, and completely forgot to measure it!! I'll get another one worked up and get the measurements to you. Sorry about that! I'm glad everyone is trying different things with the pattern to avoid increases. I'm going to work with the suggestions you've given and let all of you know which i decide works best. thank you all much for your input!

ok, for anyone still working, see if this row 3 makes more sense

3. Ch1, sc in 1st st. *ch3. sc in next ch3 sp. Repeat from * to last ch3 space. Sc in last ch3 space, sc in last sc. Turn. (6 ch3 spaces)

There will be 2 sc's beside each other at the end of the row, and a rather loopy ch3 at the beginning.

Reecie,

Before you posted the corrected row 3, I started, again, with 3 strands of Knit CroSheen with my method of not increasing. Got done through the decreasing and I didn't like the way it looked, it curved like ) (. So, I frogged it and then found your corrected row 3. I also went up a size to a G hook. I've done throught the decreasing rows and the edge looks much better. However, I've had to do 35 rows of lattice (to fit my head), though the 29 rows would probably fit my daughter (but she doesn't like headbands, scrunchies yes. go figure, teenagers)

Anyway, I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them sometime in the evening when our daily thunderstorms pass.

Barb

nss,

this pattern will be up for sale once the testing is complete. i'm thinking about doing it and another headwrap together as one set.

Barb,

I'm glad you let me know that it took more rows to fit. I'm going to amend the directions to state that it might take more rows to fit individual heads! didn't think about that.

i've also amended the directions to let everyone know that you're working the width not the length in rows.

were there any other problems or concerns?

christinacoghill: I just saw your photo. I really like it in the variegated too?

Reecie: I forgot that my model (my dd) started school yesterday. Then when she got home we had thunderstorms (no rain, just thunder and lightning) so no computer for me. I'll get the photos up for you today of the wrap that I made.

Barb

Reecie,

As promised, here are the photos of the wrap I tested for you. I used 3 strands of #10 crochet thread (Knit CroSheen) 2 strands of gold and 1 strand of white. I apologize for the darkness of the photos; we had back to school stuff to get today after school and we don't have the best lighting in our house.

photo 1: completed and laid out flat.

misctesteditems002.jpg

photo 2: close up

misctesteditems003.jpg

photo 3: front view of dd wearing the wrap

misctesteditems007.jpg

The corrected directions made the wrap lay very nicely. They were clear and easy to understand. The stitches also were very easy to do.

Now, to make on for me.

Barb

Archived