Take a look at these purses made from recycled plastic bags on this site.............

$50.00 for a recycled plastic bag purse seem high to me???? I know they take alot of work (and those bags do look nice) but I'm not sure they will sell very well at that price.

I have seen some pretty fugly purses selling for much more and no problem. These are pretty cute and a lot of them are much less than $50. I hope she gets her price for them. Plastic is hard to work with and hard on the hands. However I hope they are really recycled bags she used.

They are great! I like the double straps that go around the bottom of the bag! What a great idea! I see more and more of these bags on e-bay and etsy:yes

• 3 weeks later...

The bags are pretty cute, though $50 is a bit pricey for some plastic. I've crocheted several tote bags with recycled bags and it isn't THAT hard. But even worse than the cost of the bag, did you see how much shipping is??? $20 for the blue one. Anyone who has ever made one of these bags knows that they are incredibly light-weight.

I love the design of these bags - especially the double straps going around the bottom. What a great reinforcement!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
did you see how much shipping is??? $20 for the blue one.

It's even more...$25 for "international shipping" outside Canada! But I do like them...they are very cute, even if they are out of my price range. And plastic bags are such an environmental problem that I applaude anyone (lots of them here at the 'Ville) who make good use of them!

Archived