My Trip to Michael's Today

I took a trip into Michael's today to pick up some yarn for the dog sweaters I'm going to make and pick up a few other little things... one of my favorite places to go :)h Anyway, was standing in the checkout line, putting wool blend yarn, a big skein of black yarn and a couple of rolls of velour yarn up (going to make a ponch :bounce ) and the lady in front of me commented that I must have alot of projects going on. After smiling and telling her "always.. lol" she asked if I knitted.. I told her no, I crocheted. The girl at the register said something along the line of how she used to think that was an "old ladies hobby" but they were seeing more and more people coming in for supplies etc.

The lady checking out ahead of me commented on the pretty wool yarn and I told her they were for doggie sweaters. That's when she told me she just paid EIGHTY DOLLARS :eek for a dog sweater for her yorkie, and how they hadn't gotten the color right etc. Then she asked if I had a business card... of course I didn't :faint but I did write my name and number down for her, she said her daughter wants one for her little yorkie and she'd let her know I did them. She then asked about lessons and the girl gave her a flyer that Michaels had for classes, and I had to pop up and tell her if they didn't do classes I would ;) :bad

EIGHTY DOLLARS for a dog sweater.. for a yorkie? Good lord.. :hee I mean, I guess if you have the dosh for it.. it's great. Now I'm hoping she'll call me bout the other one.. I won't charge her that much but I swear I'm starting to believe my mom is right when she says I grossly underprice my stuff :bang

Eighty dollars for a dog sweater.. wow.. :bow

Had to share this... if you're interested in selling some work, talk it up,.... let people know you do it.. and by all means have some business cards printed up on a computer lol. I love doing it, but if I can do something I love and make some money at the same time.. this is a VERY good thing :cheer2 hooker.gif :)h

Archived