Dishclothes?

Ok this is going to be kind of mundane.. but I'm curious. When making things for craft fairs.. how well do things like dishclothes and towel toppers go over?

I knowthis is more along the line of selling items.. but I'm curious and trying to think of things that would sell well at a craft fair ... anyone done this or know?:?

I got into a dish cloth kick a while ago and I made 85 (yikes, did I say that). I sold them in packages of three, like two variegated and one plain or two plain and one variegated. they seemed to sell very well that way. I also sold singles that didn't go with anyhting else. Two dollars a piece or the packages of three for $5.00.:)) By the way I didn't have a single one of any kind left!

that's a great idea :) I was playing with the idea of bnching them like that, or putting 2 dish cloths with a topped towel and make it a set for a bit more maybe? Just playing with ideas here .. I think my first booth is going to be March 5th if I can get in there :)

I don't know about selling, but I put 2 dishcloths with some homemade soap (not made by me! I bought it!) together for small Christmas gifts and they were very well received ... :yes

It's probably just me, but I think towel-toppers are perenially unhip. Practical, I admit, but i can't bring myself to like them, or at least any I've seen yet. The booth at my local flea market that sells towel toppers never looks like it has customers. But, hers are seriously like brown and orange, so I guess that doesn't help business either...

To be honest, I'd be more likely to buy a set of just dishcloths, rather than one with a towel topper. I'm in my early - no, my mid 20's, and I just don't see having a towel topper in my kitchen. Crochetted discloths abound though! So if I were buying, I'd probably not even look at a set that included a towel topper. But that's just me.

So maybe do both? Some sets of dishcloths and towel topper sets and some of just dishcloths? Depending on how you plan to package them, if the ones with the towels just aren't selling, you can always quickly pull the sets apart. :)

• 3 months later...

Last year I did a craft show and made different kinds of towel toppers (no buttom, dress towel ect.). I made a plastic canvas or crochet magnet that went along with the colors and picture of the towel and then I added a typed cookie receipe card (Alenka's printables).Bagged magnet and tied it to the card and then pinned them onto the towel. I sold every last one of them.

Archived