Over appreciated?

I crochet for friends and they DO appreciate the work and time. I get lots of yarn as gifts and I appreciate it but, and I know this is tacky, some of it is super ugly!!! Ugly is in the eye of the beholder I guess, and I'm an ungrateful hag but would it be SOOO very tacky send them a list of colors??

By the way. I just found this site today and I love it.

Ok so maybe you send them an email or something & show them what you want, or instead of buying you yarn give you a giftcard to whatever store you buy yarn at.Their hearts are in the right place they just need some education:wink .

I like the idea of the gift card... I think that's what I'd do in your place. You can tactfully let them know that if they go that route, it enables you to pick things for certain projects etc.

And Certainly post it in the For Sale/Trade/free forum. You never know when someone will jump up and down to get it ;)

Guest SamplerLady

mmouseplus.gifYukky colored yarns often make perfect gifts for others. Or can be used for pet beds. Sometimes when mixed with another color it doesn't look so bad. Also work out as accents in scrap ghans....

I have more olive green yarn than anyone should be forced to deal with!!!! However, mixed with yellows or browns, it works out okay....sometims. :D

LOL SLady... I have quite a lot of olive green myself! I was thinking of using it to make hats for the homeless ppl downtown here. I figure if I use two strands I can get it gone pretty fast lol. I hadn't thought of using it for a cat bed... but that's a very good thought!

Guest SamplerLady
mmouseplus.gifThere is always someone that likes the colors we don't. EDs best friend hates purple and we all, in this house, live for it. :D

Archived