Bright Spot in a Very, Very Bad Movie

I was watching Gamera Vs. Zigra last night and lo and behold, the babysitter was crocheting--though why they needed a babysitter when the Mom was right there and the kids were missing but the babysitter and the mom didn't seem to care that they had no idea where the kids were, let's just crochet along, la la la, and if I acted like that when babysitting the nephew I'd be cut right out of the will, I tell you what, and good golly gracious does this movie suck rocks.

The brief crocheting scene was nice, though. :hook

Well, in general I like bad movies :blush though I'm not usually a fan of the Japanese rubber monster flick, of which, indeed, Gamera vs Zigra is a particularly crappy example. However this was an old MST3K episode, and I do loves me some MST3K, though even with the help of Joel and the 'bots the Gamera movies make me irritable and somewhat headache-y. :headache

I was stuck with this one because I had one cat on my lap desk and one on my chest and no way to get the remote without disturbing one or both of them and being tortured by a sub-sub-subpar movie about a flying monster turtle with his screechy kid helpers in teeny little pants who save the world from a swimsuit wearing alien woman who pilots a spaceship that looks like a giant bowl of Trix and worships a pointy bat-cobweb-kinda thing is better than arousing the wrath of the felines. Especially since I left them alone last weekend to visit the aforementioned nephew. :lookout So I"m trying to be really nice so they don't pee on my shoes. :yes

Well, in general I like bad movies :blush though I'm not usually a fan of the Japanese rubber monster flick, of which, indeed, Gamera vs Zigra is a particularly crappy example. However this was an old MST3K episode, and I do loves me some MST3K, though even with the help of Joel and the 'bots the Gamera movies make me irritable and somewhat headache-y. :headache

I was stuck with this one because I had one cat on my lap desk and one on my chest and no way to get the remote without disturbing one or both of them and being tortured by a sub-sub-subpar movie about a flying monster turtle with his screechy kid helpers in teeny little pants who save the world from a swimsuit wearing alien woman who pilots a spaceship that looks like a giant bowl of Trix and worships a pointy bat-cobweb-kinda thing is better than arousing the wrath of the felines. Especially since I left them alone last weekend to visit the aforementioned nephew. :lookout So I"m trying to be really nice so they don't pee on my shoes. :yes

Wow. The tech writer in me is cringing about the lack of punctuation. The Japanese rubber-suit monster movie lover in me is going to look for this movie! :woo

This sounds like a GREAT movie!!!!! I'm gonna have to look for this one. Was it on a cable channel? I really enjoy the bad kung-fu movies too! Fond memories of yesteryear!

:ty:day:rofl I HAD THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO WATCH THOSE OLD MOVIES. MY FAVES ARE THE GODZILLAS VS, BUT MY ALL TIME IS WAR OF THE GARGANTUANS:yay :rofl THEY DONT MAKE THOSE GOOD MOVIES LIKE THESE ANYMORE:yarn

:rofl I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL AND I'M RIGHT THERE WITH YA. GOT 3 OF MY OWN AND YOU CAN'T SEEM TO MOVE FAST ENOUGH WHEN YOU WANT OR NEED TO. AND THE REMOTE IS SOMEHOW ALWAYS OUT OF REACH. THE MST3K ARE A RIOT JOEL, :no :no :no , YOU HAVE TO GET THE ONES WITH MIKE AND THE BOTS IT'S MORE TOLORABLE BUT STILL FUNNY BAD MOVIES:devil WHAT CAN I SAY....I'M A GLUTTON FOR PUNISHNENT:yes

:lol:lol:lol The movie sounds like a hoot! I know what you mean about the teeny little pants. All the boys around me wore those when I was a kid in Japan.

I've been in a similar situation with cats. I went to visit a friend, whose cat had just given birth to 5 kittens. While I was laying on her couch, they all climbed up on my stomach and went to sleep. I couldn't possibly wake up 5 adorable kittens, all warm and snuggly on me... (someone I know says that kittens are the most ingratiating things in the world. I don't mind :D).

*sings*

Gamera is really neat

Gamera is full of meat

Three cheers for Gamera!

AngiR, here are some punctuation marks for you:::;;;......!!!!!-----,,,,,,'''"""" You just go ahead and put them wherever you like. :devil

I will admit that I have all but about 10 of the MST3K episodes on tape and I watch them over and over again, often while crocheting. I'm hopeless.

:rofl:rofl:rofl

You crack me up!!! I really needed that today. Bad day and all.

:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll:laughroll

Archived