I need help with my blog feed.

yarnicopia

I am heading out the door for work but will be home after 1pm EST today. Is there anyone knowledgable enough with this blog feed stuff that can perhaps, help me configure it properly. I have some subscribers but something still isn't right with it. I lost my other blog a few days ago and have started over using blogger now to blog with. If you think you can help hit me up on yahoo my user name is:

roseann0617

Gotta run, I am late for work.

Thanks,

Ro-

:bang

Ro, you'll be coming home while we're at Sam's... When I go to your blog it shows as the atom.xml feed which should work fine. Blogger is great about that. In your control panel settings on Blogger, do you have that switched on? When I try to subscribe to the atom.xml feed it isn't coming up which is really odd.

Kari, thanks for that link I have read through it and it still is not working. I use blogger to blog but my site is hosted externally. I tried to subscribe to my site and it seemed to work fine. When I open my bloglines and I click on my own name "yarnicopia" it has a little red exclaimation point next to it..whe I click on it to get the reason for the javascript error it reads this:

Bloglines has encountered an error trying to fetch the latest version of this feed. Bloglines handles errors automatically, no action is required by you. The error was:

The feed does not appear to exist. This can be caused by the feed URL being incorrect, or it can be caused by a configuration issue with the server hosting the feed. If this error continues, you should check the feed URL and, if it is wrong, subscribe to the correct URL.

Now I can see my name in my own bloglines and I also see that I have subscribers 10 of them...wooohooo but then why does bloglines tell me that they can not locate my feed. I have tried a feed validator thingie and it doesn't validate. It's making me nuts.

I'd be willing to give anyone the password and UN to my blogger account so they can take a peek if it would help make it easier.

Ro-

Ro, sometimes I see that too on various blogs on my list. It comes and goes. I know that Donna has her blog hosted elsewhere but uses blogger.com to post her entries. Unfortunately she is out of town right now, and I'm not at all sure what the difference might be. Perhaps someone else who does the same thing can help out. I'm more than willing to try if you would not mind sending me the password (I promise I won't break anything), but at the moment I'm at a total loss. Bloglines thinks you still have the Syndicated RSS feed, it picks that up (with the exclamation point on the feed) but doesn't want to find the atom.xml feed. I'm very confused.

Ro,

For my website I have to use the public_html folder like you do in order to get things to show up. Here is how my atom/rss feed is set up on blogger -

Site feed server path - /public_html/

Site feed file name - atom.xml

Site feed URL - www.tiffcrochets.com/atom.xml

Another thing that I forgot to check when I was setting up with bloglines is the Publish Site Feed option at the top of the site feed settings. I had it set to "No" for some reason instead of "Yes" to publish.

You can also check in your server folders to see where blogger is publishing the atom feed to.

Tiff,

Blogger publishes my site feed to the root directory just outside of the /public_html/ folder. Blogger put it there not me. Do you know what the permissions for that file are? I think I may have CHMOD'ed it to something it shouldn't be.

Last month when I tried to set up bloglines with my old blog..i did, in fact use a rss feed instead of the atom.xml feed and now I can't seem to get it to change. When I went to bloglines and created a button to put on my website I used the addy http://www.yarnicopia.com/atom.xml but I am noticing that when I reload my page and run my mouse over that button it shows this:

www.bloglines.com/sub/htt...l/atom.xml

how come it shows that /public_html/ as part of the addy when I never entered that when configuring for a button?

This is making me whacko....I can't even think straight enough to crochet or even blog about it because I am so caught up in trying to figure out why my crochet blog isn't working just perfectly.

:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

Thanks for posting me exactly how your settings look..I changed mine to match yours to see if it will help.

Ro-

Ro,

I have my permissions set at 7, 5, 0 for my public_html file.

Another option is to move the file from your root folder to your public_html folder. It may start publishing to it then.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived