CGOA or TKGA?

Does anyone here belong to the Crochet Guild of America or The Knitting Guild of America?

I have read the list of "benefits" on the site. But I am more interested in a member's prespective. What do you gain by membership? Have you been able to find a local guild? (There don't seem to be many listed on their pages.)

The CGOA/TKGA/Fiber Arts thing is coming to my area soon. You get free admission to that if you are a member of TKGA or CGOA. But admission price is less than the membership price. I need to decide if there is some other benefit to belonging to one of these organizations before the event comes to town.

I do have a local guild though I have not joined it yet (I am a CGOA member however).

There is a library of books that you can borrow as a CGOA member, many regional and national level conventions, ways to contact other CGOA members in your area, and various other ways to become a certified crochet instructor and that type of thing.

Donna probably has some other input on this, so hopefully she'll chime in.

-jess

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a member of CGOA. One big benefit is the subscription to Crochet! magazine that comes with membership. We also get discounts for classes at the conferences held two or three times a year.

The Phoenix area currently has two active chapters. We meet monthly for crochet companionship and lessons. The chapters meet on different weekends, so a member could attend both. In addition, the combined chapters have a demonstration booth at the State and County Fairs.

Archived