I need HELP teaching 12 years olds

Good morning my fellow Crochet pals,

I'm teaching a basic crochet class at church tonite.:hook I was asked to do it. People see me crochet around church anyways. Do anyone has any suggestion what I can teach the five girls tonite that is easy and simple :cheer Help need right away

Let them make a washcloth on which they can stitch "Mine" or whatever they like.

Or make a nice summer hat.

Or a amigurumi - that is very cool, they learn a lot about increasing, decreasing and finishing and it is hip, so maybe they stay with this.

Make a few suggestions and let them decide. Give them hints on their decision: a shawl is nice to have, but takes longer, a amigurumi is trendy but a little more finishing work, a washcloth is a good start but not too fancy...

The girls sure have a good idea what they want and what not.

What about: