testers FOUND for amugurumi turtle...revised pattern

reecie

hey! i'm looking for pattern testers for my turtle. i've made some serious revisions to the body and would like a few people to test it. if you're interested, please email me at yarnfairy@bellsouth.net and i'll get the pattern to you. i prefer to answer questions via email.

i've pulled the original pattern from here, as i'm going to be offering this one on my new site (once it's up and running)

Hi Teresa ,

i had so much fun making these turtle's that i just couldn't make one .. hee hee .. plus my daughter wants to take the blue one from me .. hee hee :turtle :turtle :turtle

HPIM3612.jpg

Therese,

I trust that you had no issues making this one? I hope that the new directions were clear. Any problems?

This turtle is cute! I wouldn't pull the other turtle though, they are clearly different. I like them both. I would say love is in the eye of the beholder. Thanks for sharing.

Therese,

I trust that you had no issues making this one? I hope that the new directions were clear. Any problems?

hee hee .. no problems i love this pattern this body was much much easier, they were fun to do as you can see, although me as a crocheter i kinda like having the ending count on sc when finishing the rows ( only for head and body ) ya know especially when you have beginners, just a thought .. but the pattern was quite easy ..

Hi teresa, it was very easy to make this little turtle! As tguzman said, It would be even easier having the ending count at every round. Thanks for letting me test the pattern! :hug

P5310007.JPG

P5310008.JPG

Dortya

Hi teresa, it was very easy to make this little turtle! As tguzman said, It would be even easier having the ending count at every round. Thanks for letting me test the pattern! :hug

P5310007.JPG

P5310008.JPG

Dortya

Dortya she is cute, i love the colors .. hee hee .. gonna have to try the multi on the shell .. hee hee

hahhahaha .. but they are just so quick fun and easy to make ... my daughter called me this morning said which ones can i take .. i told her just one cuz my 18 year old son wanted a green one .. hee hee .. geeze .. didn't think he wanted one .. hahahahha ... :hook

i'm glad these are such a hit! i'm going to be offering the pattern for sale...might be a combo deal with a duckie i'm trying to get worked up...but still inexpensive!

all of these are turning out too cute!

there will be...as soon as i get the beak and feet sorted out. Interested? :hook

OOO A DUCKIE ... WOW ... ANY TESTING INVOLVED WITH THAT ONE ??? :hook :hook :clap

there will be...as soon as i get the beak and feet sorted out. Interested? :hook

aaaaaaaaaa YEAH .. i'm a waiting with my :hook :hook and :yarn heee heee :woo :woo hee hee ... :nworthy:ducky :ducky

Here's my turtle,the pattern was super easy to follow and I had lots of fun making him! :hook

I took more pics but these were the only 2 not blurred (think I may need a new camera :( )

turt.jpg

And the back

turt1.jpg

Finally got the Turtle done. And here she is. (Yep, I've even named her: Betsy.)

The pattern itself was good. The only thing I would add is to have a marker placed in the 3rd stitches when doing the shell. It took me a few minutes to figure out where I was at that point. Then again, I did use Homespun which is notorious for swallowing stitches.

It was fun to do. :cheer

And if you need ideas for duck feet, I've actually done a duck and have an easy way to do one. If you are interested, email me. I'll try to dig up how I altered the original pattern.

Turtle.jpgTurtle_top.jpgTurtle_side.jpg

I've got other pictures if you want. Just let me know if you want me to send them.

And, if you don't mind, Betsy here is going to residing on my desk at work. I need a new mascot.

Angi,

Betsy looks great! She is definately yours to keep, i would never ask for anyone to actually send me the thing they made when they tested the pattern.

Archived