Can someone break this down

Ga_Rebel

Question

8 answers to this question

rnd 3: 1 sc in each of next 2 sc, *2 sc in next, 1 sc in each of next

three sc* around, end with 2 sc in next (30sts), ch 1

Sure! You single crochet in the next two stitches. *Now you will put TWO single crochets (an increase) in the next stitch. Now you will put one single crochet (the regular way, no increase) in each of the next three stitches.* Now you will repeat what is between the * and * until you reach the end of the round. At that point you will have 30 stitches total. You then chain 1 and go on to the next round.

I hope that helped!

How do you increase?

Putting TWO single crochets into the one stitch is an increase. You're doing an increase when you put two single crochets into the same stitch. So, when it says "2 sc in next st", you put one sc, then put another sc. That'll increase the number of stitches - making it your crochet bigger. :)

ok one more question in round 2 :

rnd 2: work 1 sc in same sp, 2 sc in each sc around, join (24sts), ch 1

is this just telling in each space I put 2 all the way around. Because the "work 1 sc in same sp" throws me off.

ok one more question in round 2 :

rnd 2: work 1 sc in same sp, 2 sc in each sc around, join (24sts), ch 1

is this just telling in each space I put 2 all the way around. Because the "work 1 sc in same sp" throws me off.

Your "work 1 sc in same sp" means your chain 1 from the previous row is your 1st sc and the "1 sc" equals your 2nd sc of the pattern; so yes, you make 2 sc in each stitch around after the 1 sc in the first stitch :)

hth!

Cris~

Archived