Annies Attic free pattern for 4/20/06

Cora

Question

Good Afternoon,

I was looking at the Annie's Attic (www.anniesattic.com) free pattern for 4/20/06 and there is a super cute baby sweater, bonnet and booties. I want to make the bonnet for a new baby and it references a cl and lace pattern from the sweater that I can not find. Does anyone know what a 2-dc cl and a 4-dc cl are? Please help! I would really like to make this.

Thanks in advance,

Cora:hook

3 answers to this question

I haven't tried the pattern, but I would believe CL would mean cluster. So a 2 dc cl would be mean 2 dc's in that stitch and a 4 dc cl means 4 dc's in that stitch. Good luck. I saw the pattern and thought it was extremely cute too. I plan to make it when I have time.

Here's my thought: the 2dc cluster group might be made when you do a double crochet but don't pull the yarn through the last two loops leave them on the hook. Then do another double crochet and the last step when you would pull the yarn through the last two loops now pull through the four loops on the hook. Does that make any sense? I know what I mean but I don't know if I described it that well. I just searched on the internet. Go to this site: www.crochet.about.com/library/blclustr.htm

It shows how to do one.

Archived