Yaaaaay!!!!!

Nadine

Sorry, I'm so happy I could burst :D After a week of some major stress, I got home from work to find my new drop spindle kit waiting for me :yay I've never spun yarn before so wish me luck, I'll (hopefully ;) )be learning tonight. Sorry, I just had to share it's like the one good thing that has happened for me this week.

P.S. Mods and Admins-I wasn't sure exactly where to put this thread, so if this is not the place, please put this where you see fit, and sorry. :blush

Well, congrats and good luck to you! I have gone ahead and moved this thread to the Spinning forum, and I recommend you browse around there if you haven't before, you may find it helpful to you. This would also be the place to go if you have any questions or need help working with your new toy. :cheer

So it seems that me and "spinning" are going to have to take some time to become "friends"! First off the beginners kit that I ordered, the one with the "very clear instructions included", did not come with said instructions :( The picture of the kit (shown on the companys website, two of their catalogs, and even the sticker attached to the kits box) showed completely different intructions than the one I received. The picture had these lovely instructions with what looked to be real pictures and lots of little typed paragraphs under each pic. What I received was a photo copied sheet with sketched drawings and written instructions that essentially boiled down to "put fleece on hook---spin" That's it! nothing else! So I bought myself Spin-It:Making your own yarn, which is very in depth and has definitely cleared up some questions I had, but....... there's something that I'm just not getting. I'm going to try to find a local spinner/teacher in my area to hopefully just give me a quick hands on lesson and I'll go from there! So I'll keep everyone updated, and hopefully I'll have yarn flying off of my spindle in no time :)

Archived