Stitch n Bitch Fat Bottom Bag

mwedzi

Question

Has anyone else made this? When doing the directions for the bag on rows 4-14, you put stitch markers that separates about 5 stitches, so the directions have you move markers up each row and inc in 'corresponding stitches' where the markers were in the previous row. As I do this, I find the 2 increases and the five stitches that separate them drifting over to one side of the bag, rather than the increases being evenly down the middle. Am I doing it right? I'm using some yarn with a bit of fluff so don't want to go too far and find I'm wrong and then go crazy trying to frog that fluffy stuff.

Thanks.

7 answers to this question

I can't wait to be good enough to attempt this! Someone posted a photo of one over in the show-and-tell forum. Also, craftster.org has a whole forum devoted to Happy Hooker projects. The author even posts there.

I did check the errata and there was nothing about that. It's probably right, but the author of the pattern and I just have different ideas of what it means to be "the corresponding stitch". I gave up on that bag and did it a totally differently but, mysteriously, it still looks like the fat-bottom bag! Where's the Twilight Zone smiley?

I started this bag but had to put it down due to an Easter dress and things.

It sounds like you're doing it wrong. They're not not supposed to drift to the side. By corrasponding she means the one above.

You will crochet however many stitches, make an increase by doing two in one. Place the marker on the second increase stitch (the inside one).

Crochet over however many it says. Make another increase. Place the marker on the first one (again the inside one).

Next row crochet to the marker. Make an increase in that one stitch. Move the marker up to the inside increase.

Crochet over to the second marker, make an increse. Place the maker on the inside one.

Kind of like this:

____V____V____

The inner arms of the V is where you put the stitch makers.

Hopefully that'll make sense. If not, maybe someone else can explain it better.

Kind of like this:

____V____V____

The inner arms of the V is where you put the stitch makers.

Hopefully that'll make sense. If not, maybe someone else can explain it better.

Thank you! That's what I needed to hear. I was interpreting "corresponding stitch" differently. Since you do an increase in the one with the marker, there are 2 stitches there and I wasn't sure which one was the "corresponding" one. It seemed to me more normal the way you described, but I didn't know if somehow having the increases to one side, if that was going to become the fat bottom or what. Thanks.

Actually, I've already finished crocheting the purse, the one I made differently but still mysteriously looks like the fat bottom purse. I have to assemble it and then I can post a pic.

Archived