if you were to read this part, what would you do?

isisra9

Question

a pattern says "Unless specified, always decrease from Row 4 of pat st and increase from Row 7 of pat st"?????

Would you think that decreasing "FROM" was meaning to do the decrease at the beginning of row 4, or after row 4 is completed? I assume it means at the beginning, but it might not work out that way, help anyone?

TIA

5 answers to this question

:cheer It just means that row 4 is the easiest row to decrease on and row 7 is the easiest to increase on, to keep the continuity of the pattern at each end of the row.

Colleen

Or the center? Yep, I think that is a good question. Is it an online pattern or a book pattern?

Somewhere you have to increase/decrease in those rows specified. Were there any increases/decreases previously to this section of the pattern? If so, I would go with what you were doing before. If the pattern had you increasing or decreasing in the beginning go with that route.

What are you making?

this is what i'm making:

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/projectsheet?pid=e02284

I'm on the first row of decreases, and I think I've got it worked out (finally LOL). I just never in all my years of crocheting saw it refered to as "from" a row, usually I see, "beg row 4..." or see it explained differently than "from", it tripped me up!

thanks to you all for confirming I'm not nutso. LOL.

Archived