Beth's little star help

firemanshunny

Question

I can't believe I have to ask this but my brain is so fried lately that I just can't get it!! :angry

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/heartfeltangels/littlestarafghan.html

Round 1: Ch 7, dc in first ch, *ch 3, dc in first ch. Repeat from * 2 times. Ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch of beginning ch to join, ch 3. (5 spaces)

Where is says ch 7, dc in first ch is that first chain from the hook or first chain in the foundation row? I tried to do the dc in the first chain from the hook and it was very hard to do. My mind just couldn't grasp it last night and I know a lot of people have worked on this pattern so I am sure someone can give me a little push in the right direction!! :blush (baby must be sucking out all my brain cells! she better be super smart!! :lol )

5 answers to this question

No. Its the first ch, or the sixth chain from the hook. Then you'll ch3 and dc in the same first ch, repeat twice, then ch3 and slst into the 3rd ch of the original ch7. Then you'll have those first 5 spaces in the centre of the star pattern; you can see them in the picture.

Does that help? I know what its like when you can't wrap your head around it.

You might try a board search. Someone created an alternate beginning that makes this pattern INFINITELY easier and it looks better b/c the center isn't open. Turtle has two beautiful rainbow afghans from this pattern in her blog and I have a cute caron brights in a handful of colors afghan that I made...both of us used the alternate beginning.

You might try a board search. Someone created an alternate beginning that makes this pattern INFINITELY easier and it looks better b/c the center isn't open. Turtle has two beautiful rainbow afghans from this pattern in her blog and I have a cute caron brights in a handful of colors afghan that I made...both of us used the alternate beginning.

That was me and I've made it a little better.

Ch 4, join with sl st to form a ring. Ch 3, 14 dc in ring, join with a sl st to top of beg ch-3. (ch 3 counts as dc.) 15 dc.

Ch 3, (2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same sp as prev join, *sk 2 dc, shell in next dc, rep from * 3 more times, sk last 2 dc, join with sl st to beg ch-3

Shell-3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc in st or sp indicated.

Now work pattern as directed, starting with rnd 3. The blanket doesn't curl as much doing it this way.

Thanks Chatty! I thought it was you...I know I gave credit to you in my blog when I posted pics of the one I did...but memory was failing me. I'll have to try that new beginning. I'm actually doing the last 2 rounds on another one of these tonight to put a blanket in a charity auction tomorrow. But I plan on making a few more for our dolphin store.

Archived