Purse closure?

ManfaMae

Question

I'm attempting to make a purse for my mom and would like suggestions on what everyone thinks would be a good closure for it. It's a tall, vertically rectangular purse done in the popcorn stitch on one side and single crochet on the other all done in cotton. I was thinking about having a flap and a button closure, but I thought it might not lay as flat as I'd like with the popcorn stitch on the outside. I can't really sew at all, so putting in a zipper or anything like that wouldn't work for me. What else would work? Thanks in advance for any ideas anyone can give me!

Samantha

3 answers to this question

I made a strap and buttonhole as an afterthought closure my mom requested. Her purse fell off the car seat when she had to brake suddenly (she's a speed demon at 81!). Sent her the strap, some extra yarn to sew it on and my prize chibi needle and she found a button she liked that fit the hole and sewed it on.

Hi you can make a tab using dc's in the length you need from back to front of purse. Whip stitch onto back and sew on button to go thru a hole made in the tab stitches:clap 100_0095.jpg

Archived