Afghan from Crochet Calender?

Stephanie

Perhaps this isn't the best place to post this, but is anybody else doing CrochetDude's Afghan from the Crochet Calender? I just started it today. Yes, well, I need to redo my square because my gauge is off a tad, but it was a fun puff stitch square. If a bunch of us are doing this, we could create a crochet-a-long, but I don't plan to do the squares until they come up on the calender (it's more motivating for me).:eek

You should appeal to the powers that be to move this post to the CAL forum. I'd be willing to bet that you'd get a lot of takers.

Heck, you'd get me, but I've already got a CAL of my own. I tend to be a one CAL at a time person. But.... if it's still cookin' when I finish my CAL item, I'd be happy to do this 'ghan!

I'd love to do this with you, but I just finished mine yesterday. Here is a picture of the finished project. It was a lot of fun. I skipped ahead and did the whole thing (gift for my nephew), but I totally understand the motivation part of it. FYI, if you do skip ahead, use the index in the back of the calender to find the patterns (unlike me who actually went through everyday to pull out the patterns only to realize yesterday what I COULD have done). Hope this is motivation for you!http://mia1003.blogspot.com

I think sakkasie is working on this 'ghan. I would love to do it too, someday!, but I've got too much on my plate right now. Good luck!

Maria - yours looks terrific! And what a cute baby in shades!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I'd be interested in making the afghan, too. I'm already working on the 63 Squares CAL (and a few other WIPs), but I need to make another afghan as a present for another friend who's getting married this fall. I would probably stick to Drew's color scheme, as those are pretty much the colors in my friend's decor. Also, I adore working with Wool-Ease Chunky...

Archived