"Continue to Front"

eyenowhour

Question

I was trying to do the "Easy Baby Sweater" on http://krstl.tripod.com/id26_drawstring_purse.htm. Scroll down about half way to get to the sweater pattern.

I was able to complete the back, but then it says "Do not break off, just continue to front". At that point, I was like, "huh?" Should I just keep going and call the next 23 rows the "front"?

Following this logic, I would then do the same for the second half of the front. If I do that too, my front will be double the size of my back.

Can someone please explain this to me? Thanks.

5 answers to this question

:cheer

You have gone up the back, now you will go down the front making a neck hole as you go.

The sleeves are added later.

Just follow the pattern and you should be OK.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

LOL! I just made this sweater last night! It's SOOOO pretty! I ran out of yarn before doing the second sleeve, so I'll have to go to the store and buy a skein to finish tonight! :)

OK - you did the back - don't break off and go to the front. On the front you aren't going all the way across - you're just doing the first 4 chain 3 spaces all the way down. Then you break off and do the other side. You'll have the complete back, and then two panels down the front with the middle open for the neck and front opening. Then you go around the edges for the color and trim.

I did have trouble with the last row of Picot - I had a wrong count, but it looks beautiful so I didn't fret about it.

If you have questions you can pm me - it is a fairly easy pattern and so so pretty! :)

its sounds like to me that the back and part of the front are all one piece. My theory is to keep doing what it says and if it don't look right I frog and start again until it does. I sometimes can't understand the simplest of patterns . But it sounds fairly easy . can't wait to see the finished project:manyheart

i would do what the pattern says. don't worry about the fact that it says continue to front. i have made this sweater many many times and if you just follow the pattern, you won't have any problems. you are just making the one side of the front without breaking the yarn off and joining again.

Archived