What Easter projects are on the hook?

Don't know if this is in the right place to post, but I was wondering if anyone has any Easter projects on the go for gifts or whatever?

I am making a wall hanging filet of the "Last Supper" for my mom. I had to buy a magnifier to see the pattern grid! The pattern says its 27.5 x 19.5 inches - however mine is 5ft wide!! It started with 595 chain - I'm using a 1.5 mm hook - the pattern specifies a 1 mm - but my stitches are always too tight! Any ways, I have run out of thread - am just under a 3rd the way through, am using knit cro sheen in white which is not available in the UK. Have purchased more from ebay US and am awaiting delivery - I am so hoping it will be finished by Easter - as long as the yarn arrives soon. I am planning to get 2 dowling rods for the top and bottom. This is my first filet - never fancied making one before - and probably won't again after it is finished.

Well right now I'm working on the "Spring" Wreath from Lily's Holiday Wreaths booklet. I was going to do the "Easter" one but liked the "Spring" one better and it's still kinda Eastery. I am also still trying to find the pattern for this easter basket made with #10 cotton thread. As soon as I find it I'm going to whip one up for my table...

Liz! That wall hanging sounds amazing! Please keep us posted on your progress, I am fascinated! Do you think you will finish by Easter?

My only Easter project is a new sweater for me. It is basically "cupcake" from Happy Hooker but with a different edging...haven't decided yet maybe plain sc ending with rsc or picots like the "unseamly sweater", we'll see. I am using TLC cotton plus in cream. I already made cupcake in yellow and it is too cute, love it!

Of course I am expecting 2 crochet and 1 knitting book to be waiting on my doorstep today so there may be another project brewing soon!

No Easter projects for me, but I am making a spring purse for my mom. She looked at my patterns and liked the Bougainvillea Handbag, one of those freebie patterns from Hobby Lobby. Forget that it called for nylon cord, but she looked at all the yarn and it took her forever to finally go back to the nylon cord and pick the color she wanted. She ended up with a bright pink. I'd only spend that much time on 3 skeins of yarn for my mom....normally I just throw everything I like in the cart without choosing. :hook Hopefully, I'll be able to do the pattern and get it done before the weather gets warm. First day of spring today and we had snow, so I think I've got a little time.

Archived