Has anyone used Bernat Soft Boucle?

Merlot

I saw this pattern for a throw on the Bernat site. It uses the Soft Boucle yarn. I was wondering how it might look using one of their multi colored yarns instead of the solid color. If you've used any of them, I'd love to see a picture of your project.

My concern with doing this project and not using a solid color is that I may end up with some weird pattern due to the variegated shades.

Thanks!

I haven't made that pattern however Bernat Soft Boucle is one of my fave yarns. I have made many afghans, throws and such using it.

IMO not only is it super soft but it's very warm. It is a little tricky working the foundation row as the stitches are a little hard to see but give it a try. I think you'll like it!

I love this yarn. It is soft and works up so quickly. For Christmas I made my entire staff each a scarf using this yarn. They were so warm and soft, and had great texture! It is a little hard to work with, but worth the effort.

I made a prayer shawl for my step-dad's mother when her husband passed away. I really like it because it has the warmth but not the weight of a thicker yarn.

The colors aren't really varigated like RH or other varigated yarns. It's more like a tonal blend. So it gives the yarn depth and interest without a "pattern" of color.

Hope this helps!

The colors aren't really varigated like RH or other varigated yarns. It's more like a tonal blend. So it gives the yarn depth and interest without a "pattern" of color.

Hope this helps!

Yes! That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!:manyheart

I personally have a love/hate relationship with Bernat Soft Boucle. On the one hand, it's a nightmare to work with, as you can't see the stitches. It's the only yarn I've ever worked with where I had to change hooks several times, due to my project going off gauge--and forget about frogging. The good thing is that the final product is warm, cuddly, and pill-resistant (probably due to the fact that any pills are disguised by the bumpy nature of the yarn). I made the pullover from the pattern on Bernat and I've had more compliments about it...

I'd used it to make scarves before, so I'm familiar with the disappearing stitches. :lol I had only used the solid colors before, though.

So, I went out last night and bought some of the "Carnival Colors" (I think that's what it's called.) It's a pretty blue and green color combination. I can't wait to start working on it, but I'm going to be good and wait until I've finished my current WIP first.

Archived