Seaport Yarn - New York

Ennovy88

Decided to take a look at the high-end yarns and went to the Seaport Yarn Shop in lower Manhattan... and was like wow... beautiful fibers.. everything a yarn lover could want... found their prices reasonable... ended up purchasing 3 bundles of Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool... not sure what I am going to use it for.. as I am use to working with acrylic.. which I call the teflon yarn.. at 180 yards (x3).. any idea what I can use this for... ? check out the website... http://www.seaportyarn.com

I checked out that website but didn't see the type of yarn you said you got.. You didn't say what color you purchased.. Is it a fancy silky wool??? If so that would probably make a beautiful shawl or capelet for the holidays.. Hey and one of your famous pretty purses!!

After reading about Seaport on this forum I decided to visit next time I was downtown in Manhattan, which was today. I agree with you - wow!!!

Unfortunately they only take cash or checks at the store :( so all I got was was a few skeins of cotton fleece by Brown Sheep Co. I will be back there though:D

Madelyn

Archived