Herringbone HDC

Luvmyrott'nboy

Question

I want to make that adorable purse in the Happy Hooker, the one with the fat bottom.

Anyway, last night I was experimenting with the stitch pattern, herringbone hdc, and I can't do it! :eek My hands just cannot get the yarn through that first loop! (the stitch is: YO, insert hook, YO and pull through stitch and first loop on hook, YO and pull through loops left on hook) It's that first loop on the hook I am having a terrible time with.

Any trade secrets?

3 answers to this question

I want to make that adorable purse in the Happy Hooker' date=' the one with the fat bottom.

Anyway, last night I was experimenting with the stitch pattern, herringbone hdc, and I can't do it! :eek My hands just cannot get the yarn through that first loop! (the stitch is: YO, insert hook, YO and pull through stitch and first loop on hook, YO and pull through loops left on hook) It's that first loop on the hook I am having a terrible time with.

Any trade secrets?[/quote']

Hi Denise

Could you maybe do the pull-through in two moves? I mean, do the "yo and pull through stitch", then pull that loop through the next stitch on the hook? I always do slip stitch that way because I just can't seem to do it in one move :blush

--

Nowl

I came here because I just started working on that purse, too, and the directions for that stitch are confusing me. Mostly because they aren't exactly as you quoted Luvmyboy, but ending with "pull through remaining 2 loops", even though there are definitely 3 loops left on hook. But I will do it the way you say, first pull through 1 and then pull through the remaining 3.

Oh, I don't know any secrets for getting through that first loop, except to go a little slower.

Archived