Help w/ skacel hook size

Hi I have some skacel hooks that I have lovingly used for many many years. Now I need to replace one and the # has been worn away. They are color coded but none of the websites that I have found can tell me which # is the orange handled one. No craft store in my area has even heard of a skacel hook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its getting hard to crochet with this hook when I have to push the metal back into the handle every third stitch. Thanks again

I love my set of hooks from Sackel/Addie.

My orange hook is a 3.00mm ....

A lot of stores on line sell the hooks. But, keep an eye on the price. When I was getting mine (and being given them by my mother) I found that the price change varry a lot. I think (and don't quote me onthis one) that Lone Star Yarns has them pretty cheep. And I know that Herrschners sells them, too. It's been a while since I got any so I don't know where else you could get one from.

I just bought F, G, & H from this ebay site. http://stores.ebay.com/tropicalknitter_Crochet-Hooks-Addi_W0QQfsubZ12QQtZkm

I've never used addi crochet hooks just :manyheart circular knitting needles :manyheart and love them so I thought I'd give these a try.

I wish I would have seen this post first but I still think I did ok because shipping was less. I'll let you know how they are.

1to1 : I am sure that you will love them. My mother bought me most of my Addie crochet hooks becuase she loves her Addie knitting needles. I love my Addie hooks (and my Addie knitting needles, too). But, I would love to her someone else's thoughts on them.

:mail My Addi Crochet Hooks with Handles arrived on Friday--only 10 days from Singapore.:cheer

I :manyheart them!! My DD10 took the size G I currently need. So I guess I just have to order more. :wink I just wish they had these in size N.

I just started crocheting last month and have been looking for the best hooks. I tried Boye and didn't like the feel. Tried Clover Soft and didn't like the hook--not enough lip. Crystallites Plastics are yuk. Tried Clover Bamboo and not a fan. I have a Rosewood and its ok. I really like Bates and is what I have been using. BUT I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned Addi Crochet Hooks with Handles. They are smooth and easy to hold.

What have you found with the other hooks you've tried?

I am glad that you found the Addi hooks. They are great. I love mine. The hook head is the smoothest out of all of the hooks that I've tried.

I think the reason you don't hear more about these hooks, is that a lot of places just don't carry them. IF you know what you are looking for, there are a lot of palces on line that you can order them. But, if you are just going though your favoirt yarn store site, you likely won't find the hooks for sale.

I knew if they were anything like the Addi Turbo Circular Knitting Needles (which are the mercedes of needles) that I would love them.

I wish they sold them in sets. DD won't let me have the G back:hook.

I'm sure I will eventually have to order us both a set of them.

My mom ( a knitter) bought me my first (and most of the ones I have) Addi hook becuase of the reputation of the Addi knitting needles. I love mine.

I would suggest getting each of you a set, or you will fight over them if your daughter crochets a lot. The price can vary a lot, depending on where you buy them so shop around. They are a little more expsenive than the next best ergonic hooks (Clover soft touch... love the handle, tolerate the hook head).... But, the Addi hooks come with the Addi lifetime warrenty.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I have some skacel hooks that I have lovingly used for many many years. Now I need to replace one and the # has been worn away. They are color coded but none of the websites that I have found can tell me which # is the orange handled one. No craft store in my area has even heard of a skacel hook.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Its getting hard to crochet with this hook when I have to push the metal back into the handle every third stitch. Thanks again

try a drop of super glue in the bottom that is what I did and it seems to be working. also try asking your LYS that carries ADDI knitting needles to order them because that is the brand name.

Archived