Alan Rickman and Snape graph-ghans

Becks

wow, that is amazing! I like Alan Rickman too. Have you thought about sending him a photo of the afghans? I bet he would be very flattered. It makes me want to try graphing something too. What stitch did you use? Your work is inspirational.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the stitch I used is the tunisian stitch. I read all the links I could find on how to do it. This site.....http://www.geocities.com/ldiznemom/index.html was extremely helpful as well as full of graphs, (and links to places with more graphs too!) I made my own graph using the knit pro site here...http://www.microrevolt.org/knitPro/

I used a size J cabled hook, (the kind with a plastic cord attached to the end of the hook and a sort of plug or stopper at the end of the cord to prevent the stitches from slipping off). You'd be surprised how many stitches you can cram onto it.

As far as hoping Mr. Rickman would ever see it, well, I've given up on all that. As I explained in my blog, a couple of years ago I made a cross stitch of him as Snape, and my friends all said I should make one for him and send it to him and all.

This is the cross stitch I made...

f6c3e5fd.jpg

I sent it UPS so it was tracked and I know it got there. Someone named Clare signed off for it.

(Oh!, and the customs people in the U.K. contacted UPS and were going to ship it back unless I came up with what they called "royalty taxes" upon my shipping it there.)

I had to cough up $100.00.

It was either I pay it, (as Mr. Rickman's people certainly weren't going to pay for it - they had no idea what it was nor did they order it or anything so I can't blame them), or else it would be shipped back and I would have had to pay for that return shipping anyway, - which I believe was around $30.00). So, I figured, it's already there, I may as well pay the fee.

Soooo, after all that, I never heard back from anyone. Nothing. For all I know it is now lining the bottom of a birdcage in someone's home.

This whole experiance taught me a huge lesson. Never, never send fan mail of any kind to anyone. Ever. (Especially if it is overseas). Most cases the person you are sending the mail to won't even see or read it.

My sister still teases me about it.

I'm sorry to blab on about this. :blah

(Obviously I must still be cranky about it all.) :lol

Anyway, I'm so glad you all like the afghans. It's so nice to be among people who can really appreciate the effort that went into the projects as well as the design and creativity of the things. You guys are all the best!!!!! :hug:manyheart

OMg the cross stitch is awesome! I cannot believe anyone who opened that wouldn't make sure you received some sort of reply. I cross stitch too and I KNOW how much you had to have put into that.

Archived