Anyone tried this shrug?

I made this shrug and it's one of the "staples" of my wardrobe now. It works up super fast (it took me about 4 days to make, after work hours) and Tepper just did such an awesome job of designing it :D You'll definitely be happy if you make it! :hook

Ok,

thanks for the encouragement...I got more than a dozen rows completed....and it is going smoothly so far.....but it is after midnight and I better hit the hay! :yawn

I only bought one skein of yarn.....incase I couldnt figure it out!! :think Yep, I am frugal. Sooooooo...looks like I might have to make a run back to good old walmart and grab some more! :blush

Good night all!

Haven't tried that one yet, but printed if off a month ago for my to do list, for myself. I am on my 4th shrug here --doing some for my 2 young adult daughters. The crocheted one on www.lionbrand.com done in the Homespun yarn is quick easy and I added a boarder to the one I did, my daughter loved it wore it to work and her coworkers liked it also.

:manyheart

Yup you're right. That sc ch2 counts as your first dc of the round. It's a cool way of doing it since it does not leave as much of a gap as the standard ch3 does :hook

I get that part...that ch 2 instead of ch3 for the first dc...however; the directions seem to say that in that row 30....ch2 sc in all..............is that correct...are there actually rows alternating with groups of ch2 sc in all dc...and then other rows where you strictly dc in all?? I think i screwed up! ew....time to unravel...

ew

help

I am almost finished on a lavendar one and I am so impressed with Eileen Tepper's exact instructions...She did a wonderful job to make it all so clear for us....

I will post later when I am finished...:cheer

but incase someone had the same question as I did earlier.....the pattern do NOT call for alternating rows of sc ch 2 and dc.......it is just one line that kind of got tricky to read for me....

but I am still working on this puppy and so far....it can fit only on my girlie who is 9!

but that is ok.....i will have to reread how to make adjustments and then do another after this one! hahah! we can have matching ones!

thanks for the advice.

If you follow the instructions exactly it should fit you...For large size it only said to increase row 42 one time...which I did and I am an extra large...It fits me but I used a heavy yarn which makes it bulky and next time I will use a lighter yarn....I am trying to post my picture and you can see it.....

Archived