My Near Year's Shawl

Mara295

It's way past New Year's but better late than never. I had the opportunity to get out of the house to celebrate the new year so I wanted something dramatic and splashy to wear. This is what I came up with:

myshawl4.jpg

And a fairly decent close-up of the material itself:

myshawl2.jpg

It's Moda Dea "Ticker Tape" and I got it on sale on Boxing day at Michael's for 70% off and it's all done in the Solomon/Love Knot with a simple dc border. It drapes really well and hangs to my mid-calf, and I'm nearly 6 feet tall. I had enough left over to make a small handbag to go with it, and I wore it over a simple black dress. I don't have a picture of me in it yet, but I plan to pose for one soon as I am rather proud of how this turned out. I would work with the ticker tape again in a heartbeat.

Anyhow, thanks for looking :)

That is really pretty. You did an excellent job showing off a beautiful yarn and your wonderful crochet skills!

I bought some of the Ticker Tape on sale at Michael's too, and I have been looking for a good pattern that would 'show off' the yarn... I love the

open-ness of your shawl, the long stitches, etc...

May I inquire about the pattern? What book, leaflet, download?

Thanks

Thanks for all the compliments folks!

Funkyreporter: I didn't use a pattern, I just sort of made it up as I went along. I used a J hook. It was pretty easy once I got the hang of the loveknot. I worked it from the bottom up as I find that increasing works better for me than decreasing does. You could work it from the top down if you're more comfortable doing it that way too. You'll really enjoy working with the tt, it's pretty dreamy.

Frogger: I got mine on sale on Boxing day (Dec 26th), so it was only $2.50/skein but they've jacked the price up to *gasp* $9.99/skein the last time checked so I'm glad I got it while the getting was good! :D

Thanks again everybody :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived