Sweet Little Things to make for a Dolly? :) :) :)

Can any of you really clever crocheters think of some sweet little accessories to make for an American Girl Type doll? I know there are patterns at http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com but I'm looking mostly for ideas that I can crochet, knit OR craft. I'm willing to wing-it, so I don't necessarily need pattern links, just your lovely, brilliant (collective) brain power! :) :)

I'll give you a for instance: crocheted slippers, a little granny square afghan, a miniature "book", a little candlestick with birthday-sized candle in it, maybe a nightcap type of bonnet all would make a cosy winter gift for a dolly. Or, maybe a tiny crocheted Easter basket with tiny "chocolate" clay egg, etc. for a Spring gift.

I know you all are so creative, I'd appreciate any ideas you might be able to come up with! Thanks!!!!!!! :manyheart :manyheart:manyheart

Are you looking for ideas for embellishment or clothings ideas. Shrug or furry scarf?? With a cute little handbag. Tiny cell phone case. Little crocheted flowers to add to clothing.. Hmm some tiny motifs to add to dolls jeans crocheted edging to add to a doll blouse... Not sure what you are looking for. Crocheted jewelry??

:think:manyheart

By the way lady thank you... It was during a shrug search on the net I found your how to crochet a shrug and through that ...that I found CrochetVille

Soooo Thank you, I enjoy this site very much.

:manyheart:hook:hug

A few years back, I found a pattern for teddy bear dresses and adapted it for long dresses for the American Girl dolls. Made quite a few for my daughter and my nieces.

There is a pattern for a poncho that I have made out of granny squares. I also made an afghan out of granny squares for her doll bed. I made quite a few afghans for the dolls also.

A tablecloth is an idea. Also, placemats and napkins. Napkins can be made of cloth and then trimmed with crochet around the edges.

Skirts and tops are pretty easy and fast to do in that size. Also have seen a dog bed couch that can be adapted for the american girl out of crochet.

Use your imagination and I am sure you can come up with a lot of ideas.

In my classroom, I have crocheted doll dresses for the dollies, sewn skirts for dressup out of very cheap sale material, and also used fabric to cover bulletin boards. All it takes is imagination and a little cash.

Good luck with your ideas.

Linda:cheer

Archived