Ideas wanted!!

I want to make a doily or something for my dining table, the table is a cream colour

any ideas on colours to use, ive tried white and just doesnt look good and you cant see it :lol

any ideas ladies?

I would look at the rest of the decor before I chose a color. I would pick a darker color from somewhere else in the room. Like in a painting, cushion, rug, or whatever. That way it would show up on your table and tie it all together.

If that wasn't a consideration I would consider dark green, Dark blue and even brown. Burgundy would look good to if it was the right shade of cream. Just be sure it's a color you like.

Oooh sounds like a room I would like. I would go with the darkest red I could get that goes with the reds you are already using. Getting the right shade will make it awesome.....:D I you don't care for green don't use it. If in doubt make a small coaster in each color and set on the table, Leave for a few days. At the end of that time you would know which color was the right one for you and your room. Just don't go to all the trouble to make one in a color that would drive you crazy.

just been looking in my stash (as ya do lol)

and ive got a red but its the red that i dont want, ive never seen any burgandys/plums or browns so im stummped and i think i would like a dark red/burgandy colour where would i get them sort of colours from?

next option would be black, medium blue, green thats the colouyrs i have apart from the usual white and creams:blush

Hi Angie :hug you could always make it in white and then dye it. i have done that before for my mum i made her some backs for her chairs and she wanted navy so i bought a navy dye and voila perfect and they are still navy even tho she has washed them several times.:think

:clap Hi Debbs i only just noticed you had replied before.....sorry i missed it :blush lol

Yea great idea on dying it, i might do that yet ;)

i was looking around ebay for some red cotton but its all the xmas reds, i did see some in US in a deep red it looked like a plum colour, so you must be able to get these colours from somewhere :think

but yea i will keep the dye method in mind, thanks Debbie :hug

Archived