cathedral window pattern on ebay

Oh Wow, I was really hoping that Drew would win that. I saw this thread last night, and rushed over here to see who won tonight. I really wanted to put a bid in on it myself, but the old PayPal funds are a tad low at the moment. :(Congratulations on your new gorgeous treasure Drew! Awesome! :cheer

Congrats Drew. :yay

I e-mailed the seller yesterday and she just e-mailed back. It is (or was) up for auction at the designers daughters request. The designer is very sick and her pattern here was being auctioned off to help pay for medical expenses.

You did a good thing Drew :)

The ghan just arrived! I had forgotten just how amazing this is in person (the one I made was for a Christmas gift several years ago and I haven't seen it since). Anyone out there having trouble getting motivated to make this one, I have to say that it's well worth the effort!!!

th_cathedralghan.jpg

So Drew, enquiring minds want to know... I know you made the afghan years ago... and we've all seen how talented you are.. so why did you bid on it and not make it again?

Hi Kathryn, that's a great question! At this point it's all about time. I don't have much extra time to crochet for myself anymore. I'm not complaining!! I'm very grateful to be so busy! :bounce

Plus I hated to see it going for only $32!! :eek

Archived