Oh, hallelujah. My grandma did a lot more than my mom thought.

For those of you who were kind enough to get involved in my own little family psychodrama at http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20418, I am thrilled to discover that there just isn't nearly as much work to do as my mother thought. (Short version: I inherited a project encumbered with an insane amount of guilt from my mother and I didn't really want to do it.)

I went into the storage closet today to look for suitcases for a trip, and I found the box, and I took a deep breath, and dug in. Lo and behold, my grandma, bless her heart and may she rest in peace, actually FINISHED all the squares for the pattern (thank goodness, since it turns out it needed afghan stitch and I have no clue how to do that, nor do I have the tools) AND all the cross-stitch embroidery on the squares.

Best of all, the directions are in the box: it's from the 1975 Leisure Arts pamphlet titled The Afghan Book, Brown-Eyed Susan in Afghan Stitch pattern (hey, someone might know it). So, I know what I need to put it together; assembly is just a bunch of SC and chains, and I CAN use the non-background-color acrylic for anything I want. (It's 30-year-old Caron Sayelle and Yarns Brunswick Windrush. AND, I found a full skein of Homespun that I shoved in the bag when I first got it a few years ago so there's potential for an actually happy ending here.

Yay!

Elissa

Wonderful to read your update.

Thank you for posting the URL to your original. Being a New Neighbor, doubt I could have located it.

Kudos on your "digging" in while getting suitcases from storage. You did meet your goal as you mentioned in the earleir Thread.

MO, meeting goals is a notable accomplishment.

:-) 's

Archived