A spinning wheel and my first class all in one day

whitedtu

I just can't wait, :jumpyay I signed up for a spinning class, :rock and about an hour after I did I found a spinning wheel that a co-worker wants out of her basement. :devil $100.00 and it's mine. should I do it? :blush She said it's old and still works, it was her mothers, who bought it from a woman in Canada in the 80's :rock:jumpyay:jumpyay

Debbie if its working definately buy it. Ask her if you can try it first and give her a deposit if you arent sure. Congratulations on your spinning class, if you need help with your wheel maybe someone there could advise you or go with you to check it out. Goodluck !

Ok, this is what you do:

1) go buy the wheel

2) wrap very carefully

3) put in a big box

4) put my name and address on the front of the box

5) call the brown truck to come pick it up

Seriously, ENJOY!

you guys are sooo funny :lol well the class was great, I left with 2 bags of roving, and a drop spindle

:cryBut when I went to look at the wheel :(it was not for spinning:angryI was sooo sad :ohdearI emailed the woman to ask her and every time she said it was in working shape:thumbdown:rant now I can"t think of any thing but buying a wheel, and they are sooo expensive:sigh

you guys are sooo funny :lol well the class was great, I left with 2 bags of roving, and a drop spindle

:cryBut when I went to look at the wheel :(it was not for spinning:angryI was sooo sad :ohdearI emailed the woman to ask her and every time she said it was in working shape:thumbdown:rant now I can"t think of any thing but buying a wheel, and they are sooo expensive:sigh

You know, in looking at my spinning wheel it appears there really aren't a whole lot of parts....I wonder why it didn't spend. Was it missing the "belt?"

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's happen again:jumpyaythis time I was cruising Craigslist and someone in the next town over has listed a spinning wheel for 25$,:devil I am going to look at it tonight :tup I saw a picture of it, looks hopefull:interest

well I got the wheel :huh It's an old German one it needs a fly wheel? (bobbin holder, one side of the wish bone looking thing is broken off) :think the way I look at it is it is a beautiful piece :manyheart will post a picture when I can

Archived