how many?

ginaj

Question

3 answers to this question

I would hope that your pattern gives you the information as to what size hook you need. Based on the hook which will give you your gauge in the pattern, it should also state how many yards of this kind of yarn you will need. It is important to crochet the right gauge because if your stitches are too big, not only will the size of what you're crocheting be off but you will need even more yarn than what is specified. The pattern should also tell you if you need to crochet two strands together. On a yarns' label, the label states how many yards would be in that skein. Based on your pattern, you will have to buy whatever it takes to have the total amount of yards you need. From experience, it's good to buy all your skeins at one time making sure they are all from the same dye lot because some dye lots don't match up exactly.

Good luck!:)

Are you trying to substitute #10 thread for fine sport on a pattern? That's what it sounds like to me. If so, I would start with about 3...do a sample piece and see how the size works...may have to play with it some. Good Luck!!

Archived