Vogue Buffalo Plaid Scarf

francesca

Question

Has anyone made the 'Buffalo Plaid' scarf from the Vogue Crocheted Scarves On the Go book?

I'm having a terrible time figuring out how to carry my yarn as I make the plaid pattern. Any help is appreciated! Especially since I have only about 3 weeks to complete this scarf for a birthday present!

8 answers to this question

http://crochetchronicles.blogspot.com/2005/07/crochet-book-vogue-knitting-crocheted.html

here is a blog i found...try contacting cindy and see if she actually tried the pattern and has any ideas.

buffalo plaid is actually a sort of common stitch, and i am looking around to see if i can find any other online versions of it.

by the way, im gonna have to find this book!! these scarves are gorgeous!

dang, i cant find anything. ok, i know there is a book at my library that has this same stitch in an afghan...if its open today ill check it out, and if not then tomorrow. hope that book is there! im pretty sure its this one...in case anyone else has it ;)0848715136.jpg

keep ya posted!!

Sorry I missed this post! I have tried this one, and gave up due to the intended recipient moving to a super-warm climate (used the yarn for something else!). You're absolutely right, carrying the yarn is a giant pain and slows the process down considerably.

I followed the directions in the "notes" section exactly, and didn't have a problem. The one trick I did use though was carring both strands in my left hand at all times to keep the tension as tight as possible, and carefully pulling the "running" yarn nice and tight before switching colors. That hid it the best. I used blue and black, which are close enough to eachother to begin with that there wasn't too much peeking through. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much, everyone!

Glad to know you had a little bit of trouble, too, Celestial. At least I know that it wasn't something totally obvious that I was missing. I even took the pattern & project to my LYS and asked the owner for help (she's great like that). After just a half a row, she was ready to frog & call it a day as well!

I've never been known as someone who gives up on things, but I just had to trash that project!

Archived