Crochet d'art magazine

Stitchinpick

I ran across an ad today for a MONTHLY magazine called "Crochet d'art". I have never heard of this one. Does anyone else get it? It is a French magazine that is being sold in English in Americans now -- is the only info I can find on it. One blog (written in French) made me think it was a thread magazine, but I am not sure. Anyone know anything about it?

I googled Crochet D'Art which led me to Amazon, which gave me this description:

"Tous les mois, retrouvez des ouvrages de nos grand-mères dans Crochet d'Art en vous abonnant dès maintenant ! Si vous aimez 1000 Mailles, vous aimerez Crochet d'Art! Crochet d'Art vous présente des ouvrages de décoration au crochet qui vont bien au-delà du simple napperon. Découvrez une couverture vitrine, des modèles raffinés contemporains et quelquefois empruntés au grenier de grand-mère, tous expliqués par des dessins techniques qui ont fait leurs preuves et des photogravures qui détaillent les différentes étapes de leurs élaborations. N'oubliez pas Le Petit Journal du Crochet qui fait écho à vos informations! Pas étonnant qu'il soit le best-seller des magazines de crochet d'art... "

Which translated on Babelfish to:

"Every month, find works of our grandmothers in Crochet of Art by subscribing you as of now! If you like 1000 Meshs, you will like Crochet of Art! Hook of Art presents to you works of decoration to the hook which go well beyond the simple mat. Discover a cover window, refined models contemporary and sometimes borrowed from the attic of grandmother, all explained by technical drawings which proved reliable and of the photoengravings which detail the various stages of their developments. Do not forget the Small Newspaper of the Hook which makes echo with your information! Not astonishing that it is the best-seller of the magazines of hook of art..."

Hmmm. Sorry. I don't think that was very helpful. Are any of our European C'villers familiar with this magazine?

Ohhhhhh Crochet d'art. I have a few of those and like my older Magic Crochet, would never part with them. It is sad that we don't have anything here in the states as nice as Crochet d'art and 1000 Mailles. I'm going to check out the Amazon. Yes, it is mainly for threadies and ohhhhhhh what gorgeous designs. Both 1000 Mailles and Crochet d'art are in French but the patterns are symbol so you really don't need to know French to crochet them. I know some French but do use my translator at times when doing a pattern.

I'm glad I saw your post.

Pam

• 2 weeks later...

Archived