Woman's Day

Crochet Nanny

Has anyone else seen the new Woman's Day Specials "Easy Knit & Crochet" Mag? I just bought it yesterday and let me tell you, that was the best $4.50 I have spent in a long time!:cheer I know this is a crochet forum, and I will always be a crocheter at heart, but I am so excited that I had to tell someone. I have finally learned how to do basic knitting!!!!!:clap I have tried and tried so many times to knit, but I could never figure out how to cast on. And as most of you would know, if you can't cast on, you can't knit. This mag is awesome!!! So if you don't have it or haven't seen it go out and find it! you won't want to miss out. BTW I found it at Walgreens Pharmacy (s/p?) Anyway, I just had to tell someone! Thanks for listening/reading. ;)

Yes! I am trying to learn how to knit and the instructions in this magazine gave me my first "AHA" knitting moment.

Soooooo, right now I sneak a few rows of a scarf in every night just before bed...but after I have finished a good bit of crochet.

Now I am hoping to learn the increase/decrease and "language" of knitting but I know it will never feel as natural to me as crochet does.

I found mine at CVS pharmacy, which shocked the daylights out of me...I was just looking while I waited for a prescription. Usually I have found my crochet magazines at an old fashioned 'news stand' type store than has lots of newspapers from around the country, books and over an entire wall of magazines. I usually get a wrestling magazine and a crochet magazine at the same time, and joke about my eclectic hobbies.

I think it is very good for the basics of both, but just a word of info for others...If you know how to do both knitting and crocheting--look at the mag carefully before you choose to buy. There are many simple patterns, so if you are looking for something more complex...it isn't there.

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Crochet Nanny the Premiere Issue of Woman's Day Easy Knit & Crochet is worth the leafing-through time.

Granted it is geared to the novice crocheter as stated by Glo Girl, but in todays doings it's an important point. MO.

There are 58 patterns. Each month has a varying #. There's a selection of scarves in the #.

LB has some patterns on the pages as well.

For the learning knitter or crocheter a usable effort.

:-) 's

Archived