Aching hands.

I've been working a good part of the day on a new pair of slippers as a treat to myself. I'm having a toenail removed next week and won't want to wear shoes so a durable and comfy pair of indoor/outdoor slippers was in order but man they are just wrecking my joints . Attaching to and crocheting around a couple layers of stitched plastic canvas soles is awkward to say the least.

So what do you all do to soothe your aching joints and fingers when a project makes them ache?

I wrapped heated wet towels around my hands for 20 minutes to ease the joints... seemed to help some.

i don't have that much trouble unless i spend a whole day crocheting, but i think it helps to stop once in awhile to get out the hand lotion and massage it in real good. gets the circulation going.:hook

I get in a nice warm (most people would say HOT!) bath and submurge my hands and forearms and have a good soak, and I take an anti-inflammatory such as Ibuprofen or Aleve. Since I use my hands to make a living, I have to be pretty dilegent in keeping them going! I do medical transcription and type at least 8 hours a day in addition to crochet and knitting, so my hands take a beating!

Laurie:hook

Aspercream? humm never thought about that one!! I have the same problem and a massage therapist recomends rubing your palm (the real meaty part close to your thumb) in a deep circular motion and also in your wrist area! works for me

Archived