If you are looking for a charitable organization here is one .

snbarclay

There is a local couple actualy it is two couples that have taken it upon themselfs to feed and cloth people in the cecil county area. If you are interested you can let me know and I will send the email address to you . Here is the email I recieved today from them :

Hi all! Hope everyone is off to a blessed new year!I know we have been

bestowed many so far thanks to our communities generosity!By now, I am

sure most of you know what we do :)

Once again, I am asking for your help in collecting clean & usable warm

winter items for our handout to local homeless and in need families.

This includes:all sizes: winter coats,hats,gloves,scarves and blankets

**extreme need of L,XL+ coats**

These will be distributed in Elkton on Tuesdays during Homefront

Christian Outreaches food handout..and whoa man,it was a COLD 3 hours

outside there today!!!

Just to let you know how these will be used, we have been serving over

500 people a week and the need far exceeds what I have on hand at this

time.Nearly a third showed up with no winter jacket for themselves or

their children!It just breaks my heart to turn anyone away, but my

resources have run low and in order to continue on our mission we need

donations of these items!If you have any of these to spare, I promise

you , they will be VERY much appreciated by myself and the fellow

community members that receive them.

Also, if you need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for reading!

Blessings,

Brieann Masenior

www.homefrontoutreach.org

~Open Hearts to Open Hands~

"I do not judge ones situation, Today I do what I can to help and pray

for a better tomorrow

Hi, I would like to help my sending some crocheted hats. I only have one done so far. I'm in the hat a week CAL, so I will have more over time. Is this an ongoing need? If so, in several more weeks I could send out a small box of hats. Let me know. Even if you couldn't use them until next winter I could still send some out.

Karin

This looks to be a wonderful cause. Can you tell us more? You mentioned the county, but not the state. Is this a recognized group? I'm not sure I'm asking that correctly, but know my husband will want to know in terms of keeping track of donations ie taxes (he's an accountant and so I thought I'd be smart and know the answer before he asks).

I was concerned about where to send all my hats, just joined the hat a week group and this looks like a super place to send them?

Karin

yes this is a on going project.

schcrochet

I am sorry I live in maryland . If you email breanna she will give you the correct address to where you can ship your stuff and and any other details that you would like to know. I found it to be a very nice non-profit organization. I have spoken to bre myself and they can use whatever you send them .

Thanks for your help and your conserns

Karin

yes this is a on going project. I am sorry I live in maryland . If you email breanna she will give you the correct address to where you can ship your stuff and and any other details that you would like to know. I found it to be a very nice non-profit organization. I have spoken to bre myself and they can use whatever you send them .

Thanks for your help and your conserns

I'm not seeing where to email Breanna, but definately would like to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Have emailed and chatted with Breanna now on several occasions. What a wonderful lady she is. I've 3 hats done and plan to send to her. Want to do some other items too, no doubt more scarfs, and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Was able finally yesterday to send off 4 hats to this wonderful cause to Brieann. Another one waiting in the wings. Anyone else sending their Hat a Week here? Hoping to get one or 2 done tomrrow in my contast effort to catch up.

I've heard back from Breanna, she doesn't waste any time. Not only has she received my first round of hats (4), she's already passed them out helping to keep people warm.

Working on another batch.

Archived