please help me

CROCHETCHICK28

Question

4 answers to this question

There are a couple of things that can cause that. Sometimes your tension will change as you get more confident in the stitch. So the beginning stitches are looser than say 6" into the pattern.

Another thing, could be that the edge got stretched. If that is the case than a good washing will take care of it.

If it is the first, the only solution is to frog it and start again. Sorry. Look at your stitches at the beginning, maybe even get out a ruler and measure the number of stitches per inch at the beginning and where you are now. If there is a difference than tension is probably the issue.

It looks like a problem that I sometimes have. Its because you start off with one tension and then change. Your stitches become looser as you are going along. A good suggestion for me was to do the chain stitch in a larger hook than the rest of the project. This really works for me

Good luck :cheer

When starting out it may be best to just work on practice yarn and then go to the project so that you can get the feel of crocheting. Take the time to do a small swatch and then go on from there.

Archived